EFFECTIVE DATE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2018
- Contacting Us
If you contact us to assist you, you may be required to authenticate your identity before we can fulfill your request.
- Information We Collect
- Information You Provide Us: We collect information you provide to us, including name, address, email address, telephone number, and payment method. We collect this information in a number of ways, including:
- when you open a Brown Sugar Subscription account, enter the information when using the Service through a Brown Sugar Access Point, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions; and
- when you provide Subscription account settings, set Subscription account preferences, provide ratings or reviews, or otherwise provide information to us.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information regarding you and your use of the Brown Sugar Service through Brown Sugar Access Points, including:
- your activity on the Service (such as Content selections, viewing history, search queries, and use of Brown Sugar Access Points);
- information about your interactions with customer service (such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number);
- information about your computer, mobile device, or other device used to access our Service (such as device type, device ID or unique identifier, browser type, type of operating system, and other device and software characteristics, internet connection information, mobile network, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address and standard web log information);
- general location information (such as city, county, and state);
- Information Collected from Social Networks and Platforms: We collect information when you engage with Brown Sugar Service Content on or through certain third-party platforms and social networking sites, such as Facebook, or other third-party social media plug-ins and applications, including:
- information about you that you allow us to access from your social media profile (such as name, email address, photo, gender, birthday, location, user files (e.g., photos and videos), your list of friends, people you follow and/or who follow you, the posts or the “likes” you make); and
- Geo-location Information: If you are accessing a Brown Sugar Access Point through a mobile device or a mobile application, you may be asked to share your geo-location information with us so we can customize your experience. If you agree to such collection, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or through the settings in the applicable mobile application.
- Information From Other Sources: We might supplement the information that you provide us and that we collect automatically with information from other sources, including both online and offline data providers. Such information from other sources might include demographic data, interest-based data, and Internet browsing behavior.
- Information We Do Not Collect: We do not knowingly collect or store any Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13 or from individuals who are not located within the United States at the time of their interaction with a Brown Sugar Access Point.
Anyone who has submitted information to a Brown Sugar Access Point may also contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or at the mailing address provided
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to process and administer Subscriber accounts and to communicate with you about these and other matters. For example, we use the information we collect to:
- open and maintain Subscriber accounts, including communicating with Subscribers from time to time about developments related to their accounts or operational matters related to their accounts (such as password reset requests);
- analyze and understand our audience, optimize the delivery of Content, improve and personalize the Service and its Content offerings, improve our marketing of the Service, and respond quickly and efficiently to inquiries and requests;
- provide you with customized and personalized recommendations for Content you might like; and
- communicate with you about the Service (such as by email, text messaging, and social networking sites), including news about new features and Content, special offers, promotional announcements, and consumer surveys.
We may use information that is not Personally Identifiable Information (such as aggregated data) for any legitimate business purpose, including for research and analysis, administration of the Service and Brown Sugar Access Points, and for advertising, and promotional purposes.
- Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your information to third parties as follows:
- We may transfer information if we are acquired by, sold to, merged with or otherwise transferred to another entity.
- Third-Party Access Points – Certain third-party sites and platforms that offer subscriptions to a number of subscription services may include the Brown Sugar Service as one of their subscription offerings. These Third-Party Access Points are operated independently of Brown Sugar, LLC, and have their own policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information. Current examples of Third-Party Access Points include Amazon.com and Comcast.
- Third-Party Subscription Processors – Certain other third-party sites and platforms may process Subscriptions to the Service through Brown Sugar Access Points that are operated by Brown Sugar, LLC, and available on the third parties’ proprietary platforms. These third parties also operate independently of Brown Sugar, LLC, and have their own policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information. Current examples of such third-party Subscription processors include Apple.com, Google Pay, and Roku.
- Linked Sites – The Brown Sugar Access Points may contain links to or integrations with other sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or sites operated by other third parties. These sites have their own policies regarding the use of information, which may be different from ours.
- Cookies and Web Beacons
To enhance your experience of the Service and the Brown Sugar Access Points, we use “cookies” or similar technologies. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your settings, preferences and usage.
The Adobe Flash Player is a web tool that allows rapid development of highly dynamic content. The Brown Sugar Access Points may employ locally stored objects (sometimes referred to as “Flash cookies”) in certain situations where we use Flash to provide Content such as video streaming, video on demand, video clips or animation. Flash (and similar applications) use this technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies, but Flash cookies are not managed through your web browser. You can access your Flash management tools directly from Adobe’s website.
We, our third-party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies or our partners may also use “web beacons,” clear.gifs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a site or web application or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a site or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that site. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Brown Sugar Access Points may contain advertising. Such ads may be based on the content of pages you are viewing, but we may also provide ads that are tailored to your interests. To help us deliver ads that are of interest to you, we, our third-party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, or our partners may collect information about your online activities across the Brown Sugar Access Points and other sites and supplement this information with information from third parties.
- Mobile Device Advertising and Tracking
We, our third-party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, or our partners may also collect identifiers designed to enable advertising on your mobile device. Depending on your device, you may be able to reset your mobile device’s advertising identifier by accessing the privacy settings on your mobile device. In addition, when using a mobile application, you may receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system, such as iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices, provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator.
- Unsubscribing from Marketing Communications
If you prefer not to receive marketing communications from the Brown Sugar Service, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing email you receive from the Service. If you have signed up to receive text messages from us and no longer wish to receive such messages, you may follow the instructions in the text messages to stop the delivery of such messages, which may include by replying “STOP” to the received text message.
- Our Commitment to Security
- How You Can Access or Correct Information
Access to Personally Identifiable Information that is collected from Brown Sugar Access Points and that we maintain may be available to you. You may send an email or letter to the email or street address listed above under Contacting Us to request access to or correction of your Personally Identifiable Information. For verification purposes please include your first name, last name, email address and the password you use for the Service.
- California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our practices related to disclosing your Personally Identifiable Information to certain third parties. “Please send your request (along with your full name, email address, postal address, and the subject line labeled “California Privacy Rights”) by email to email@example.com. You may be required to authenticate your identity before we can fulfill your request.
- Updates & Effective Date